Ultan Technologies is honoured to be shortlisted in the prestigious Green Awards 2016 under the category “The Green Technology Award.”
SensorCIS, which has contributed to achieving 33% energy efficiency in Public Bodies, is among the the technologies or innovations recognised for making a positive contribution to the environment. It was shortlisted because of its proven ability for promoting energy and carbon dioxide efficiencies.
SensorCIS is a secure online tool that allows organisations to easily gather, manage and analyse their meter and sensor data. With customised add-ons to its platform, it has both contributed significantly towards and provided the proof of the following:
- Energy Savings Encouraged, Tracked & Publicised: Using SensorCIS, public bodies avoided energy usage equating to €121 million and achieved annual primary energy savings of 1,840 GWh, which equates to 418,000 tonnes of CO2 savings.
- Business Awareness of the Innovation: 311 public bodies and 1,417 standalone schools and 265 schools under the aegis of the 16 Education and Training Boards (ETBs) submitted data to the SEAI using the SensorCIS system. This is an impressive 96% of all public bodies.
- Public Bodies are now cooperating by sharing details of the energy efficient projects.
- Customisable Tools: Its next version will allow public bodies to track and analyse any activity metric including waste production.
Other companies that were shortlisted for the The Green Technology Award include:
- EirEco Stoves
- FreeTrade Ireland
- Nereda – EPS Group
- SmartTrace Software
- Verde Controls – Verde LED
The winners will be revealed at the eighth annual Green Awards ceremony on Thursday, April 14th at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dublin.