“We have now taken that next generation of using smart technology by working with some of the brightest minds in Ireland’s IT industry to design and develop a smart app that will revolutionise how our customers buy, use and pay for their electricity, while also helping them manage their energy efficiency.”
Enda Gunnell – Chief Executive Officer at PINERGY
“The new PINERGY App is a brilliant piece of technology and is incredibly easy to use. It is the next step in cutting edge technology to help consumers change their behaviour and save money.”
Paul O’Connell – PINERGY Director & Brand Ambassador
“I would like to sincerely thank each of you and your teams for all of the hard work and the great working relationship we experienced. A bumpy ride at times, but the great teamwork particularly by you guys ensured we landed safely. Thank You! I look forward to working on our next project together.”
Karen, Project Manager – Smart Meter Rollout & Special Projects at PINERGY
- Software Architecture An efficient infrastructure that communicates between all App instances and all smart meter deployments was developed.
- Heightened Customer Experience PINERGY’S customers can now remotely interrogate and control their energy usage and account balance from the App
- Efficient Project Management Several companies’ efforts were co-ordinated in order to deliver the complex software on time.
- Cross Platform Android and iOS versions of the App were created.
PINERGY wanted to provide customers greater visibility of their energy consumption and greater control of their meters. To replace an expensive in-home display, they needed mobile App software that would communicate seamlessly between customers, banks, smart meters and PINERGY software. Several companies were involved in the development process. It was a major challenge to manage and coordinate all the contributions.
Solution – Smart App
PINERGY’s customers now can download an app from the various app stores (Android and iOS) and use this app to:
- Manage their Electricity Smart Meter
- Make payments to top up their Smart Meter
- Project Management
- View their transaction history
- View their energy usage statistics
- Set up automatic top-ups
Ultan Technologies worked closely with PINERGY’s Smart Meter Partner, the payment provider MasterCard and a mobile app development organisation, to develop the software. This extremely complex software development project also involved contributions from four other companies. As the lead developer organisation on the project, Ultan Technologies coordinated the projects with all other organisations, developed the software that glued all of the elements together and ensured that robust Apps were delivered on time and within budget. For the first time, electricity consumers in Ireland and the UK can remotely interrogate and control their smart electricity meters – all with a touch of a button.